Monday, November 10, 2008

This isn't supposed to happen anymore--

So there I was, in the middle of my class, walking across the front of my classroom when all of the sudden, something "shifts" (I don't know how else to describe it) in my knee after I take a step and I all but fall on face in front of my students. I, obviously, start crying and my first thought is "this isn't supposed to happen anymore". My students run down the hall to get the principal, who is actually walking down the hall towards them and yells at them to walk (how typical). Someone finds me an ice pack, advil and crutches to get me through the day.
Okay, as many of you may or may not know, I had knee surgery this past summer to repair my "screwed up" knee so that I could walk like a normal person and not have issues. Well today in the middle of 3rd period I "tweaked" my knee again. The same thing that used to happen all the time before the surgery. It is very frustrating because that is the whole reason (and the only reason) I had the surgery. If I had known that I would have the same problems afterward as I did before, I would not have messed with the surgery (and being laid up for 6 weeks during my summer vacation) and just lived with it. On a normal day I could go home and get to the doctor to see why my knee did what it did. But no, not with my luck. It just so happens that today is parent teacher conferences, and to top it all off, I also have night conferences. So I will not even be home until well after 7, so forget going to the doctor--maybe wednesday morning, before conferences. At least tomorrow is Veterans day and there is no school. I can rest for the day. Boy I'm glad we just got a Wii.

No comments: