Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Newest Member of the Johnson Family




So this is much harder than I thought--probably why I never kept a diary or journal. I could never find time to keep up. So I decided tonight that at 8:00, after I got the kids to bed I would add on all the recent developments before I went to sleep. And here it is, almost 8:30 and I just want to go to sleep, but I am forcing myself to write, because I want to introduce everyone to the newest member of the Johnson family--our new baby girl--Kiya. Her mother was half Husky and half retriever (we're guessing some sort of lab) and her dad was a doberman pinsher. 1She is 10 weeks old and we got her Friday night (October 17th). She is sooooo cute (of course, she's a puppy) but she is so sweet and cuddly too. I figured since there would be no more Johnson babies, this would be the next best thing. Plus Rocco needed a friend.
The first night with her was like having a newborn. She whined and kept me up all night. I was up with her every couple of hours to take her potty because I didn't want her to go potty in my bedroom. She has gotten pretty good at going outside since--we send her out a couple of times an hour and she goes, but if we forget, she goes on the floor. Fortunately she goes on the dining room floor--boy am I glad we put in hardwood laminate. A few weeks ago it would have been carpet. Needless to say, she still needs to work asking to go out, but I guess that is part of having a baby. I just wish Jett was that easy to potty train.

No comments: