Friday, December 19, 2008

Frozen Pipe

So I just went to give the kids a bath and I turned the water on and after it warmed up, it was hot--too hot. So I turned the knob on the tub towards cold, but the water stayed hot--same temp. So I turned it more cold--still hot. I turned it all the way to cold and guess what--the water turned off all together. I guess that means a frozen pipe--I ran around to all other water sources to check for more water not working. But so far everything else is fine, even the bathroom sink--so I now have water dripping in all sinks and tubs.
Oh yeah--did I mention the drain is frozen too. The water won't go down.
Ughhh--and Levi is working, so I don't know what to do--I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow and hope for the best.

***update--12/20/2008--Levi got home this morning and decided he couldn't go to sleep without crawling under the house to try and fix it. He crawled under and discovered that it was warm and there was lots of insulation. Couldn't figure out what was frozen. So he walked around outside and the only thing he could figure is a couple of vents right outside the bathroom we're facing the north wind. So he put something in front of the vents and by this afternoon, the water was thawed--however the drain is still frozen.

1 comment:

Domrese Family Blog said...

Good luck! We had a frozen pipe last winter and we had to have our water turned off. Glad you're still surviving! Hope Levi can fix it easily for you!