Friday, December 19, 2008

"More"

So Jett said his first word several months ago and, of course, it was dada. I've been working with him to say momma, but nothing so far other than gibberish and screaming. I know you can teach babies sign language to communicate, so I thought I would try that. I have been working with him on "more" so I would know if he was screaming because he wanted more food or if he was done.
Today, when all of his afternoon snack was done he started screaming, so I went to get him out of his seat. Instead, when I got there, he said something. Levi and I looked each other and both said, "did he just say 'I want more'." That is so what we thought, of course it was more like "I wa mo". I looked at Jett and said "do you want more snack" and that time, as clear as day he said "more". So much for signing--or momma being his next word.

No comments: