Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Pay off!!

So all my years at Royal have finally paid off!!
My first year there a fellow teacher told me about how I could get a loan forgiveness in the amount of $5000 on my Stafford Student Loans for working at a low income school. I checked it out online only to find out I had to stay at the same school for FIVE YEARS!! At the time five years seems so far out. Well, what do you know, last year ended with the end of my five years. So I applied last summer, only to recieve a letter that I was ineligible because they needed more documentation. So I sent more documentation--and I recieved yet another letter saying I was still ineligible, they needed more documentation. So I sent in more of what they asked for.
Yesterday, I recieved another letter from my lender. As I opened all these thoughts went through my head--"My documentation isn't enough--I need to work there longer--What more do they want me to send in?" But this time I was notified that my loans were eligible for forgiveness in the amount of $17,500 (because I teach math in a low income school--and people think math isn't necessary). Yay me!!!!

1 comment:

The Deal Family said...

Best Christmas present ever!!