Friday, January 16, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!!--Johnson update

You know how it is, so much to do, so little time and so much happens in the meantime.
I spent three days last week in Seattle at the OSPI winter conference. It was good timing on our part. A group of us left Tuesday after school. The pass had just reopened at around 2:45 and we left school a little after 3:00. Headed over in pouring rain made it to Seattle and the pass closed again that evening. I attended a lot of great sessions and discovered some great restaraunts as well as a place that had 160 beers on tap. So awesome. I spent the time that I was in my room watching the news to see when Snoqualmie pass would reopen. Fortunately, they reopened the pass 9:00 am Friday morning I was able to head home to relieve Levi who had been home alone with the kids all weekend.
I have decided it is time to lose some weight. I know a lot of people make this New Years resolution, but that is not my reason. My reason is because I went shopping last week and I found that the most comfortable pants I tried on contained an elastic waist. I'm not pregnant so there is no reason to where pants with an elastic waist. Wish me luck as I'm giving up (or massively reducing) anything containing mass amounts of sugar (i.e. candy, ice cream, chocolate, pepsi, cake. . .). Kill me now. I have also been going to the gym more often and pilates the other day about killed me, but I refuse to buy bigger pants and elastic is not an option (although I did buy those pants because they were really cute). Anyway, I'm not giving up carbs or doing anything that extreme (because I don't agree with that whole thought process) but I'm just trying to eat less junk, drink less beer and pepsi, more water and work out. Wish me luck.
Kaidyn had a school assembly today and any student in the first grade who had 25 AR points got to stand up for recognition during the assembly. (AR is a program in which students read books and take tests online, testing comprehension, on those books for points, --Kaidyns books are 0.5 points each.) She said she was the only first grader in her entire school that made 25 points. We are so proud. She has become an awesome reader and loves reading--so much like her mama.
Jayd currently thinks everything is stupid. When we ask her if she wants to do something, she says no because it's stupid. When we tell her what is for dinner, she says she doesn't like it because it's stupid. We tell her to go play toys and she says she doesn't want to because it's stupid. I hope this is just a phase. On a higher note at least she is expanding her vocabulary a little, and she is getting easier to understand.
And speaking of an expanding vocabulary, Jett has started saying lots of words. He says Dada and Mama (of course), but he also says banana, snack, all done, more, milk, sis, shoe (i'm not sure where that came from), doggy, thank you, byebye and night night. The words aren't by any means crystal clear, but they are about as clear as some of Jayd's words. Along with walking he is also a major climber. As a matter of fact, Levi called during my prep yesterday to ask if I knew that Jett could push the chairs around and climb up on them. I told him yes, I had seen him do that before, but then he told me that Jett pushed the dining room chair into the kitchen (not that it's that far) and against the counter. He then climbed onto the chair and got into the cookie jar to get some candy (the cookie jar is where we keep the candy). Levi ran into the kitchen when he heard glass clinking, and found Jett with the lid off, reaching in with a crooked grin on his face. Levi couldn't get mad at him and ended up laughing. He said he gave Jett a piece of candy. I wish I could have seen it. Jett is so crafty.
Well that has been life around here the last two weeks.

No comments: