Friday, May 8, 2009

7th Grade Field Trip

On Tuesday we took our 4th annual 7th grade field trip to the Seattle Mariners game. It was so much fun. I started the morning at 3:15 am, when I had to get up so I could hit the store before heading to school to get everything ready. I got to school about 4:30 and started putting together the groups and information the chaperones and students would need for the game. Students started arriving at 5:30 am and by 6:45 am we had the buses loaded and headed to Seattle.
It worked out pretty well because one of the Seattle news channels had a Weather Education Program that they put on before the game, so we went to that at 10:30. It was kind of corny and they weather guy talked to the students like they were 5, but I guess that's okay because there were some 5 year olds there. Anyway, along with the program we had lunch, and at some point I lost my group. So as I was searching for them, I ended up down by the field getting Jarrod Washburn and Shawn Kelly's autographs. Then I went to look for them in the Team Store where I bought some bases for our own baseball field. Finally I found my group in time for the game to start. Our seats were up in the 300 level, so we were pretty far up in the "cheapseats" of Safeco Field, but our principal picked up some front row seats on the first base line that I got to go sit in with a student for a couple of innings.
One of the students that got to sit in those seats had Ichiro toss him a foul ball, but he wasn't paying attention and it bounced of his cheek and back onto the field where another person got it--how sad.
Anyway--it was a good and quick game until the top of the 10th when the Rangers scored several runs, including a grand slam. The M's ended up losing, but I know the students had a great time.

1 comment:

Britt said...

You bet I was. Thanks for being a great teacher and M's fan. LOL
Britt