Saturday, March 14, 2009

School Dinners


Thursday night Kaidyn had a "Family Fun Night" at her school. Her class put on a patriotic play and she was Betsy Ross (can't you tell the resemblance). Anyway, she spent weeks memorizing her lines and new them by heart. We practiced speaking loud so the crowd could hear her. Come show time, she read straight from the script and we could barely hear her. It was cute anyway. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera. Luckily Levi had his cell phone, so I took a picture with that and emailed it to myself. How did we ever survive without cell phones, let alone picture phones. Then we enjoyed a lovely school dinner of tacos and cinnamon rolls (who decided those two items went together, at least I didn't have to cook), then we went back to Kaidyn's classroom to make a reading game.
Then last night, a couple of the 8th grade girls put on a "Teacher Date Night" for their passion project. So it was off to my school where the kids were watched by a couple other students, while Levi and I and several other teachers and their spouses had a delightful (quiet) dinner of BBQ chicken breast with salad and rolls and chocolate brownie and ice cream for dessert (much better than the taco, and once again I didn't have to cook). The girls also put together a game of Do You Know Your Spouse Jeopardy? It was a combination of Jeopardy and the Newlywed game, where we picked categories and then answered questions trying to match the answers of our spouse. Levi and I had a rough start, missing like the first 4 or 5 answers. But, after that it was smooth sailing and we ended up winning!!! Yeah us!! It was a blast!!

2 comments:

Britt said...

HEY I TAGGED YOU FOREVER AGO. :)WHAT-UP!!!!:) YOU ROCK AT MATH! YOU ARE THE BEST TEACHER EVER IN THE HISTORY OF MATH TEACHERS. SEE YOU TOMARROW. (MONDAY)

HJohnson said...

Sorry Brit--didn't know what tagging was--I just checked your blog--didn't have a mom to go ask--ha ha!! I'll get it done!!