Tuesday, March 31, 2009

So much for no plans---

So it turns out my nice relaxing, no plan spring break was yet a dream. It's only Tuesday and I can already see the week slipping away. Yesterday we went a visited Levi's grandparents in Outlook (near Sunnyside). We realized it had been over a year since we had been there and we were long overdue for a visit. His grandparents have an awesome place in the country. The weather was nice so the kids were able to play outside and run around and be as loud as they want. Very similar to our place except there is actually a yard with grass. Jett enjoyed Grandma's decorative frogs that she has around her deck--he enjoyed throwing them as well, fortunately none of them broke. Levi showed off to the girls that he could climb the tree--and they cheered him on.
And I think Grandma and Grandpa enjoyed having the kids around as well. We had a wonderful lunch of KFC--I love their coleslaw!!--and a nice visit. We also were finally able to get some of Grandpa's saws home--he hasn't been able to use them for some time, so he's giving them to Levi, who is quite excited. Now Levi has lot's of ideas for projects since we have the equipment, now we just need a shop to work in, for now our garage will have to work, which meant today we spent time cleaning it out and making a trip to the dump--with several more in the future. I also spent time putting molding around our new floors as well as finishing up a quilt. Then Levi had soccer practice tonight for Kaidyn's team--he is coaching her team, it is quite entertaining since he knows nothing about soccer.
Tomorrow is Wednesday and Levi is taking the girls to see Monsters vs. Aliens (they're having a spring break special) while I try to get lesson plans and grading done--hopefully Jett will nap, otherwise I will have a helper. Levi works Wednesday and Thursday nights. Friday we are making our monthly Costco trip to Wenatchee and then Saturday and Sunday I'm sure we'll be finishing any projects I decide to start the next couple of days. Then it's back to school with 48 days left until summer vacation!! I am sooooooooo ready. Anyway, hopefully I can find some time to relax this week--at least I'm home with my kids.

1 comment:

Britt said...

HE IS SO CUTE. HOW OLD IS HE?
SEE YOU SOON