Friday, March 27, 2009

SPRING BREAK---at last!!!

So this was the looooooongest week e-v-e-r!! I never thought 3:01 would come today (that is the time school gets out). But finally my chairs were up and the bell rang. I am definitely burnt out and ready for a break--and I'm not the only one. The students have been antsy all week--at least the ones at school this week have been. I have had so many students absent due to being sick, that my classes have been awesome sizes (averaging 15-18 students a class). We've had several out with influenza-b, the cold and one with mono. Luckily I have escaped with only a cold--since Wednesday--and so far I'm the only in the family to be sick. Not sick enough to miss school but enough to go to sleep as soon as I got home yesterday until I had to get up and go back to work.
It's kind of nice--we have absolutely zero plans this spring break. Levi has to work a few days so we can't do too much. But hopefully we can get some spring cleaning and yard work done, maybe a trip to the dump, and to the quilt store. I'm just hoping the whether will be nice so we can spend lots of time outside.
Kaidyn had an assembly today where she got to stand up for 50 AR points and also received her Junior Jogger t-shirt. I'm not sure exactly how far she had to "jog" to get it, but she's been working towards it almost the whole school year.
Anyway--I can't believe it almost April--and then May and the girls' birthdays--then June and the end of school--can you tell what's on my mind.
18 days until the Mariners home opener--10 days until their first regular season game!! YEAH!!

No comments: