Friday, April 24, 2009

Bummed--

So in my 6 years of teaching, I have never thought twice about leaving my things out in the open from my purse to my daughters DS. Well I will be thinking again now. I had my cell phone taken right off the top of my desk the other day. At first I thought I might have just misplaced it--I've been known to do that. But when I tried to call it to find it, I didn't hear it ringing in my classroom. Okay, sometimes I don't have the best reception in there, if it's on the floor, it might be out of range.
I was able to narrow it down to the class period it might have been taken in, however, because of WASL testing this week, I didn't see that class period until today. I confronted them, and made a plea for my sim card--I don't have a lot of numbers memorized anymore, they're all in my phone. The phone is an old one a friend gave me last year when she got a new one and mine quit working. So the phone isn't worth much, it doesn't text and the battery doesn't last very long on a charge.
Well, what do you know, when I walked into my classroom at the beginning of sixth period, there was my sim card sitting on my desk. I thought I would be happy to see my simcard, but it turned out I was upset and disappointed, because that meant one of my students really had violated my personal space and broke my trust all for a stupid little phone. I have never felt so . . .bummed. I don't know how else to describe it. So now I don't have a cell phone, I'm hesitant to buy a new one because I shouldn't have to, so if your trying to get a hold of me, you may have to call Levi's phone for now. We are getting a landline put in next week, but until then I'm somewhat cut off from the world. I'm hoping whoever took it will realize the error of their ways and return it, otherwise there may be 20 of my students from 3rd period not going on the 7th grade field trip to the Mariners game in a couple of weeks. Then we'll see whose bummed.

No comments: