Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Sunday

I think once you have kids most holidays are destined to be multi-day affairs. This morning the kids woke up to find that the Easter bunny made a visit--Kaidyn woke me up to let me know this at 4:30 am--I told her to go back to bed and we would worry about it at a more decent hour. Less than two hours later Levi got home from work so I couldn't make the kids wait any longer. They found their baskets then hit the back yard to find eggs. Then it was time to get ready to go to my Aunts in Wenatchee. We met at the church for breakfast, then another Easter egg hunt for the kids. Then we went to church. Jett made it for about 20 minutes, but then I had to take him to the nursery to do his screaming there.Next we went to my Aunt's house where we had a delicious ham dinner and another Easter egg hunt. The Easter bunny there hid money in the eggs too, so the kids were quite excited.


Then my cousin Kylie and my brother's fiancee Cheryl took the girls for a boat ride in the lake by their house, it sounds like Jayd was a little nervous being out in the boat, but Kaidyn had a blast. The battery died, so Kylie had to row them back in the rain. It looks like Jayd tried to help. Overall it was a great Easter. The kids ended up with more candy than they did at Halloween. I may have to take some of it to school just to get rid of it all without all of us gaining 100 pounds.

Happy Easter!

No comments: