Saturday, April 18, 2009

Levi is such a Liar--

So today the weather was sooooooooooo nice, we decided to spend the whole day outside working on the yard. We have a bunch of stuff to take to the dump so we began the day filling up the truck. We have about 6 acres (5.69 to be exact) so there is just mass garbage all over the place from the wind and previous tenants. As I was walking around picking up garbage I didn't really think about what could be under the garbage, until I came to a big cardboard box that had obviously been there for some time, and picked it up and there was a snake underneath. I didn't get a real good look at it since I dropped the box and ran faster than I have since my knee surgery, but that little glimpse of blackish, reddish, scaly skin is and will forever be burned into my brain. I know their good and helpful by eating the mice and stuff and they won't bug you if you leave them alone, but I still do not like snakes. Plus last summer Levi told me there were no snakes on our land, that they didn't like being in the openess--he is such a liar.
Anyway--when I told him what I had seen, he of course had to go check it out--such a boy--but when he got to the box, he was so cautious in picking it up, it was kind of funny. Anyway, by that time, the snake had long since gone. Oh well, it's better that way.

No comments: